Ok friends, here we go!
2017 goal setting series coming at you live from Charlotte, NC on a snow day, turned snow weekend! :) I worked through my Powersheets the end of December/beginning of January and am so excited to share some thoughts about where that prayer and reflection has brought me. Hang on to your hats, or in our case this weekend, your tassel-topped beanies because it's chilly and we're rolling. :)
HALLELUJAH: A CRY OF PRAISE AND JOY TO GOD.
It translates as "Praise the lord!"
More than a word, it's an exclamation. Hallelujah isn't something you can kind of mumble or say half-heartedly. It's a declaration to God that He is good, and it's a word I want to use boldly in my speech and prayers with intention throughout 2017. It's my hope that "hallelujah" becomes a mindset and a place of deep gratitude to God that I approach life from, no matter what the day holds.
- The sun is shining and I have Gus in a stroller ready to go for a morning run? Those are great gifts, Lord. Hallelujah!
- Everything on a design project is going wrong? This is a chance to learn and practice patience. Hallelujah!
- Gus just ate avocados for the first time and did the cutest dance ever as a result? You gave us the perfect kid for us, and we're so thankful. Guacamole is in his future. Hallelujah!
- I have a long list of to-dos and I'm feeling stressed about time? Christ dwells in me and He's ready to give me endurance and peace throughout each task. Hallelujah!
- I'm turning 30 this year and that feels both super old and awesome at the same time? Another year of good health behind me and the gift of a new decade ahead. Hallelujah!
I want to be a hallelujah person, so here I am, calling it my word for the year, and praying for the guts to live it out. Thanks, God, for 2017 and for what's to come.
Next up, I'll be sharing my Big List goals for 2017 and specific goal set for January, so if you're a goal-setting loving nerd like me or just like seeing a little glimpse into what's going on behind the scenes around here, stay tuned.
Did you set a word for the year? You know I'd be honored to hear what you're repeating to yourself all 2017 long! Share below, please!