Well, here we go, friends. I'm getting accountable and sharing my goals for the year, which has me feeling equally parts "LET'S DO THIS" and "Maybe I can just put these on a little Post-It note on my desk for only me to see instead?" But sometimes the best things just take some extra guts and some old school Beyonce, so I'm turning up both and clicking publish.
This year, I decided to set my goals up a little differently than I had in 2016. Instead of creating a long list with a ton of different goals split up into different sections (ex: work, relationships, wellness..), I have ten. The following are my "Big Goals" for the year, and in addition to these, each month I plan to share the smaller goals that will serve as my stepping stones to get me to the big ones.
- Deepen my faith. Act on it. Spend time learning, praying, listening, gathering, serving, reading and DOING as I go.
- Serve my family with love and joy! Live out my vocation as a wife and mom to the fullest.
- Treat my days like they belong to God, since they do. Get accountable about where I spend time so I can focus those minutes on what matters most.
- Treat my body like it's Christ dwelling place, because, hallelujah, it is. Be intentional with exercise, healthy eating, bedtime, prayer walking!
- Build long-lasting friendships. Share life with the people around us because community is where it's at.
- Use my creative gifts to glorify God, support my family, share my story and serve others. Run Lettered Life with gratitude, grace and creativity!
- Treat money, time and possessions like they are God's. Again, because they are. Give like Jesus, live lightly and take care of what we have.
- Gain knowledge that helps me grow in virtue and wisdom as a mom, wife, friend, business owner, extended family member, follower of Jesus. Commit to learning by reading, taking classes, attending conferences.
- Create for the joy of creating. Be a reflection of the Creator! Make things for fun, to appreciate beauty and art, to give to others.
- Foster strong family bonds by investing in each other and our home environment. Creating a warm, loving environment that encourages growth, joy, creativity, silliness, compassion.
While this list feels full and big and like I have some serious work to do, I'm really hopeful for what's to come as result of outlining all these areas for growth. I know each one of them will take time, but that's what the next 355 days are for, right?
Coming up I'll share my starter steps for January that will help me chip away at these broader goals, and hopefully I'll start making some daily progress.
Friends, have you set goals for 2017? Did you do this like 2 weeks ago and I'm super late to the party? Fill me in and tell me in the comments what you are making happen in 2017----I'd love to cheer you on!