January sure set a sweet precedent for 2016, and I'm thankful for the chance to sit back for a second and remember all that filled my planner pages, and especially what filled my brain and heart space.
Some highlights that make me smile:
- seeing Baby Bristow wiggle on an ultrasound
- the brief but beautiful snow day
- a super fun cooking club gathering that included chicken chili, coconut cream pie and lots of laughter
- booking a babymoon!
- brunchin' by the lake on an unseasonably warm day with sweet friends
- cooking up some new dinner recipes with Austin
And here's how my January goal list checked out :
- Make a design portfolio. YES! Was super happy complete this! You can check it out here!
- Start on a new font created from my lettering! Start...yes. Adding this to Feb's goals to keep moving on it.
- Pray abut new product line and set launch dates for the year. Yes to prayer! Hope to share my next product line reveal soon!
- Read 2 books. Finished 3, actually. The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, Essentialism and How to Win Friends and Influence People a la Nancy Ray's Book Club. My thoughts on each can be found in this post.
- Go "KonMari" on our apartment. Yup and I loved that processes. There are a couple more things I could stand to donate/toss, but overall feeling very peaceful about the simplifying that happened.
- Complete a random act of kindness. Yes! So fun to plan and make happen. Already have ideas for February's!
- Plan a fun date doing something new with hubs! You guys, we went and saw Star Wars! Which ended up being kind of a hoot because I had ZERO idea what was going on. BUT, Austin happily relived his childhood by explaining to me the plot line and various facts like who Princess Leia's brother is and if Storm Troopers are in fact the good guys or the bad guys.
Looking forward, here are February's goals:
- Set up a system for automatically backing everything up.
- Create a rough schedule for our California babymoon!
- Read 2 books. 4 Hour Work Week will be one, still determining which will be the second.
- Plan a fun date night! Hello, Valentine's Day!
- Finish font alphabet.
- Send out February newsletter.
- Create a social media plan to decrease scrolling and increase encouragement and intentional connection with others.
- New product creation!
If you set some, how are your goals coming? Did you find that any needed adjusting or maybe saving for a different season? Cheers to progress and growth over list-checking, friends. And Happy February!