Happy July, friends!
As you've probably heard me say before, summer is, hands-down, my most favorite season. Give this girl a picnic table and some watermelon and I'm good to go for the afternoon.
And although summer feels a little more relaxed and carefree in my mind compared to the prep and hustle of other seasons, I still love setting goals for these months---mainly to ensure that I'm not letting my favorite time of year melt away like ice cream on a hot day, before I've had the chance to taste all the good stuff.
So here's my accountability check from last month and what I'm hoping to experience make happen in July!
How I did with my one, life-changing June goal:
- Have a baby. Check that one off the list!!! Baby Gus joined our family on June 4th and has rocked our world in the best of ways. I intentionally only set that one goal for the month, knowing it would be tempting to fit in a bunch of other things without knowing what our actual day-to-day schedule would be. Best decision ever. My June days were primarily spent snuggling, feeding and staring at our sweet little boy, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. We chatted with friends and family who came by to visit and kept things slow and simple. We gushed over Gus for hours on end and will probably continue to do so because, you know, we can't help it.
Other June Highlights:
- Family visits! Gus met all his grandparents and that totally melted my heart. I sure wish we all lived closer but am so thankful for the love from our extended fam. So excited for more family visits this month.
- Friends' support. We were (and still are!) so touched by the friends that stopped by, dropped off a meal, sent words of encouragement, and/or celebrated baby Gus with us via mail/chats/facetime/etc. With no family in this part of the country, we are especially grateful for the friendships God has provided, both near and far. Their love inspires us!
- Gus' first cooking club. He slept through 96.4% of it, but I'm calling that a win. Love sharing life and meals with this group! (For the record, I cooked 0% of my food offering. Store bought pita chips and artichoke dip for the win.)
Maybe it's because I kept June so simple or maybe it's because I'm finding myself with way more reflection time during feedings, but it seems I'm making up for a basic June goal list with a bursting-at-the-seams July list! My overall hope is to focus on cherishing the baby days as a team with my hubs, with goals for boosting my faith, relationships, and wellness mixed in as well.
- Write out family summer bucket list, post it in our home and make memories happen!
- Write thank you notes!
- Print babymoon Chatbook.
- Read 2 books. (I think it would be fun to throw a classic children's book into the mix!)
- Finish writing in my pregnancy journal. There is a section to write memories from the baby's birthday, and I still need to finish it while it's still so fresh in my mind!
- Design a birth announcement.
- Organize phone photos. You guys, it's out of hand. I take a zillion pics a day and now have zero storage. Help!
- Take more product photos for the shop!
- Get back on the Instagram train, but post with community-building intention. I'm praying about how to balance the shop and family life on Instagram, because I'd like to share both parts without feeling like i'm on my phone all day. I'll be praying about how to do this with grace, creativity and joy!
- Soak up great conversation and enjoy the visitors we'll have this month!
- Take evening family walks.
- Keep social meet-ups on the schedule.
- Blog 3 additional times this month.
In terms of daily goals, I'd like to:
- Get into a new prayer/read/journal groove! My schedule has been turned upside down with the feedings every 2-3 hours and I have not had my consistent morning time. I'm not sure what that will look like yet, but will report back next month! :)
- Walk LOTS, eat WELL, guzzle that WATER. I'm itching to get back to running, but am holding off on that until I'm all recovered from baby-having. As far as eating and drinking go, I just want to keep myself as healthy as possible as I transition through the post-partum phase.
So we'll see how many of these I can chip away at, or if I'm totally in over my head. What's on your summer bucket list?! Any trips or special goals?! Let me know so I can cheer you on!!