April check-in time! A little late but better than never! Here's a look at how March went and how well I stuck to some of my monthly goals...
- Reading 2 books a month. Yes! Have you read "Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail” by Cheryl Strayed or "The Art of Hearing Heartbeats" by Jan-Philipp Sendker? Both were on my list this month and both I enjoyed! While they had completely opposite settings (mountainous trail that runs from Mexico to Canada vs. small town, mid-twentieth-century Burma) they both had themes of finding something that was lost. The first book told the true story of a woman's adventures on the PCT to find her true self, while the second read more like a fairy tale mystery where the narrator discovers the truth about her father's mysterious past. Have I enticed you yet? There's just something about reading a lost and found story that inspires you, right? I just re-read the Prodigal Son in Luke earlier this week and MAN, how moving is it when we find our way back home to God after straying for a little while? Just a thought! Moving on to...
- SheReadsTruth. The reflections through Holy Week were such a great way to get in the zone each morning, and made Easter that much sweeter! I started a new plan called Prayer in the Bible last week that will go on a for a few more, so be sure to join along if you're interested!
- Blog 3 times a week. Ay yi yi. Not so much. Considering either adjusting this number or making myself make it happen. Not quite sure what I will do, but next month's posting rate will tell.
- Go crazy with my Etsy shop. I haven't added anything new to the shop recently, but I've been doing a lot of custom orders and addressing of wedding envelopes which has kept my plate full! Making Things Happen was such a great experience and I'm already learning so much about how to align the business to my core, which is a beautiful thing. I was also introduced to a new printer that may allow me to extend the types of products sold...like this iPhone case SO FUN! Hopefully by next month I'll be able to introduce you to a few more offerings.
I'm adding this one to April's goals, so hold me to it!
- Be outside. Love the sunshine. Soak up the new season!
Lots of love,