Alright friends, back at it with a little sharing of the goals for 2018. Which, may feel slightly familiar to you from about, oh a year ago, when I posted a very similar set of goals. Because in fact, these are almost an identical set of goals as what I shared at the start of 2017. But you guys....
I loved those goals!
Last year I came up with a set of 10 different areas of my life that I wanted to cultivate and created "guidelines for living" rather than specific "check this off the list" goals to work towards. My monthly goals then became the actionable steps to get me closer towards those ideals, and this system worked so well for me! I feel like it resulted in progress, productivity and gratitude, so it's a gameplan I'm sticking with for 2018 as well. My "big goals" will stay the same, but my monthly goals will change depending on where I'm at.
A Re-Cap of My "Big Goals" for 2018:
(Bible Verses are listed for added accountability and encouragement!)
- Pursue the Lord. Run towards his dreams and plans for me with gratitude and joy. Jeremiah 29:13
- Serve my family with love and joy! Live out my vocation as a wife and mom to the fullest. Proverbs 31:25
- Treat my days like they belong to God, since they do. Get accountable about where I spend time so I can focus those minutes on what matters most. Romans 12:11
- Treat my body like it's Christ dwelling place, because, hallelujah, it is. Be intentional with exercise, healthy eating, regular bedtime. 1 Corinthians 6:13
- Build deep friendships. Share life with the people around us because community is where it's at. Sirach 6:14
- Use my creative gifts to glorify God, support my family, share my story and serve others. Run Lettered Life with gratitude, grace and creativity! Ephesians 2:10
- Treat money, time and possessions like they are God's. Again, because they are. Give like Jesus, live lightly and take care of what we have. 2 Corinthians 9:7
- Commit to the renewing of my mind. Gain knowledge that helps me grow in virtue and wisdom as a mom, wife, friend, business owner, extended family member, follower of Jesus. Romans 12:2
- Create for the joy of creating. Rejoice in the things that inspire me. Be a reflection of the Creator! Make things for fun, to appreciate beauty and art, to give to others. Genesis 1:27
- Foster strong family bonds by investing in each other and our home environment. Creating a warm, loving environment that encourages growth, joy, creativity, silliness, compassion. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
And there you have it! I can't wait to share how I'll be working towards these things one month at a time, but first up is having a baby in January. I feel like that ties into #2 and #10 pretty well, so I'm feeling good about goal setting so far.
What's on your list for 2018?! If there's one thing you wanted to tackle, what would it be?
Clinking glasses with you for all the good that's to come in 2018!